Jane Jones-Warner Associates has considerable experience in managing change within the historic environment, providing expert advice to assist in understanding heritage sensitivities and capacity for change. Working independently and alongside our design and architectural services, we are able to advise on the significance of historic buildings and their settings, as well as provide advice and support throughout the design process to ensure proposals are responsive to ‘significance’ and inform the consent process.
We have extensive experience of dealing with a wide range of issues affecting heritage assets, including listed buildings, non-designated heritage assets, historic landscapes, Conservation Areas and historic townscapes. Our experience ranges from alterations and extensions to new development within historic contexts, as well as more strategic work in the form of conservation management plans and whole estate plans.
Jane Jones Warner Associates offers a full range of built heritage services, including:
- Heritage advice
- Heritage statements
- Listed Building Consent applications
- Heritage appeals and inquiries – expert witness services
- Design guidance for listed buildings/historic areas.
- Setting assessments (built heritage)
- Statements of Significance
- Heritage Impact Assessments
- Historic Building Assessments (fabric-based)
- Historic Building Recording
- In-depth historical and archival research (desk-based or combined with a building assessment)
- Heritage Sensitivity Studies (Historic Environment Research) and Feasibility Appraisals
- Conservation Area Appraisals
- Townscape Assessments (including Conservation Areas)
- Conservation Management Plans
- Whole Estate Plans
- Cultural Heritage Chapters for Environmental Statement
- Designation advice and representation
For further information, please contact one of the partners.