St Richard’s church is one of the smallest in Sussex, situated within Burton Park, Duncton, near Petworth. It was built circa 1075 with alterations and improvements in the 15th and 17th centuries and further restoration works in the 19th and 20th centuries.
A complete re-roofing of the chancel, nave and bell tower roofs was carried out in 2017, grant aided by the Listed Places of Worship (LPW) roof repair fund.
All roof slopes were stripped and weathered in new Tudor handmade clay peg tiles and retained tiles, where possible. An extensive series of historic structural timber repairs were also carried out, alongside works to the surface water drainage and improvements to the rainwater goods.