A re-roofing project carried out at St Mary’s Church, Chithurst in summer 2017, grant funded via the Listed Places of Worship (LPW) roof repair fund. The project also included historic timber repairs and works to the surface water drainage. The nave was re-weathered in Keymer peg tiles, while the chancel and porch were in salvaged
St Richard’s church is one of the smallest in Sussex, situated within Burton Park, Duncton, near Petworth. It was built circa 1075 with alterations and improvements in the 15th and 17th centuries and further restoration works in the 19th and 20th centuries. A complete re-roofing of the chancel, nave and bell tower roofs was carried
Careful repairs have recently been carried out to the south porch. This structure had been deteriorating for many years, the timber work having been patched numerous times. The philosophy of repair was based on keeping as much original timber as possible and working with and around those pieces, replicating mouldings and introducing new carpentry joints.