Jane Jones-Warner Associates is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect from you when you contact us to use our services (“information”) and how we collect and use that information. It also explains how you can contact us if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to the information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Jane Jones-Warner Associates is the Data Controller. The person responsible for processing your personal data is Jane Jones-Warner. She can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 01243 767151 / 02393 190065.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process limited personal data such as:
- Your title, first name, surname;
- Your address(es), telephone number(s) and email address(es);
- In some circumstances, bank account details when you send us a cheque, payment or remittance advice;
- Details of correspondence sent to you and received from you.
How do we collect this information?
We collect this information when you contact us by letter, email or telephone, via the form on our website or using social media.
What is the lawful basis for collecting and processing this information?
We have a legitimate interest in processing your information in order to provide a service and/or deliver a project, or to fulfil our obligations under a contract with you.
The information may also be used to notify you about changes to our Practice such as change of address and dates of office closure, for our own records and accounting purposes, and in our own marketing material including social media. We will contact you if we wish to use your information for any other purpose.
What do we do with your information?
We will keep your information secure and protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure. We will delete your information when it is no longer needed.
Who might we share your information with?
Your information will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with third parties where:
- it is necessary in order to take steps to enter into a contract or for the performance of our contract, for example sharing with a particular local authority, the Diocesan Advisory Committee, consultants, contractors, tendering parties and specialist suppliers (we may use a file transfer service such as We Transfer or Dropbox to share large files or amounts of information);
- where we are required to disclose your information to professional advisors for financial auditing and legal purposes; and
- where we are required to disclose your information to regulators including the Information Commissioner’s
Office (ICO) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA without your consent.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information only for as long as we need it and will delete it when it is no longer needed. If we have worked with you on a project, to comply with RIBA and statutory limitation periods, we will retain all drawings, models, information, data and correspondence for a period of 12 years from our initial contact.
What are my rights under the GDPR?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To access your information;
- To have your information corrected;
- To have your information erased in certain circumstances;
- To withdraw your consent to us using your information;
- To restrict processing or object to processing of your information;
- To ask us to transfer your information to another data controller;
Please telephone us or email your request to email@example.com and we will respond to you within one month. We may ask you to provide proof of your identity.
How do I make a complaint if I am unhappy about the way my information has been used?
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy about the way your information has been used by us.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline 0303 123 1113
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. Please check our website
(www.janejoneswarner.com) regularly for any amendments.
We will contact you if we wish to use your information for a new purpose which has not been explained in this Privacy Notice.
Contact us If you would like to discuss how we will use your personal information, or any of the above, please contact Jane Jones-Warner, by post at Unit 78, Chichester Enterprise Centre, Terminus Road, Chichester, PO19 8TX, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01243 767151 or 02393 190065.