ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST or
RIBA PART II QUALIFIED
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated Architect, Architectural Technologist or RIBA Part II Qualified to join our busy team on a full-time basis, starting immediately or as soon as possible.
Jane Jones-Warner Associates is a conservation-led architectural practice based in Chichester, West Sussex specialising in all types of work to historic buildings and settings: grade I, II* and II listed buildings, scheduled ancient monuments and new-build projects, in addition to works to unlisted buildings located in historic or sensitive settings.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our busy practice. Reporting to the Principal Architect, the successful candidate will be part of a team and expected to work freely with all others in the office.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out measured surveys, sketch schemes and feasibility studies;
- Presenting to clients and liaising with consultants;
- Making planning and listed building applications;
- Working with grant aiding bodies;
- Negotiating with planners, preparing building regulations and applications, specifications and schedules of work;
- Involvement in tender process and contract administrations, to include an understanding of CDM regulations, both in relation to the client and principal contractor;
- Inspections on site and site visits, site meetings, design team meetings, administering contract and cost control;
- Preparing quinquennial inspections and reports.
We are prepared to offer an excellent salary for the right candidate which will reflect experience and proven ability.
Key skills required:
- Relevant qualifications;
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills;
- Team player with ‘can-do’ attitude and good interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Ability to balance workload;
- Willingness to learn;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp; knowledge of Adobe suite (including Photoshop and InDesign) would also be beneficial;
- Excellent literacy and report writing skills with keen attention to detail;
- A passion for architecture, conservation and historic buildings.
If you are interested in any of these positions and would like to work in West Sussex, please send an up to date CV outlining your qualifications and previous experience (maximum of 6 pages including illustrations), together with a covering email explaining why you are the person for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 01243 767151 for a job description.
No agencies please.