We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated Conservation Assistant to join our busy team on a full or part time (2/3 days per week) basis, starting immediately or as soon as possible.
Jane Jones-Warner Associates is an architectural practice based in Chichester, West Sussex specialising in all types of work to historic buildings and settings: grade I, II* and II listed buildings, scheduled ancient monuments and new-build projects, in addition to works to unlisted buildings located in historic or sensitive settings.
The position may suit either a part-retired or part-qualified individual who has good experience in building conservation coupled with excellent writing and drawing skills. Working as part of the team, the candidate will assist with:
- Preparing written heritage statements, conservation management plans and whole estate plans;
- Implementing maintenance and repair works plus additional alteration works to churches, under the direction of the church inspecting architects.
Key skills required:
- Competence in AutoCAD with a knowledge of technical drawing;
- Good IT and presentation skills;
- Excellent report writing skills with keen attention to detail. Some specification writing will be required;
- Team player with ‘can-do’ attitude and good interpersonal skills;
- Motivated to work alone but under supervision.
The role will largely be assisting other members of the team, initially with an approximate mix of 50% writing and research and 50% CAD drawing, although the proportion may change over time.
Salary: commensurate with experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our busy practice. The position may interest candidates seeking to qualify in either architecture, building surveying or technology, all with a conservation bias, and the practice will support the right candidate in achieving their qualifications.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Conservation Assistant, please send an up to date CV outlining your previous experience and qualifications on a maximum of 6 pages (including illustrations), together with a covering email explaining why you are the person for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org